Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Raymond Tam <ra...@demandtec.com> on 2001/11/27 20:45:05 UTC

anyattribute question

Hi,

in a xml schema, I defined any element to be 'anyattribute' :

	<xsd:element name="RowData">
               <xsd:complexType>
                       <xsd:anyAttribute/>
               </xsd:complexType>
        </xsd:element>

then in a xml file, when I try have something like this :

	      <RowData name="stuff" price="$2" vol="5000" />

the parse complains about
Attribute "ANY---name" must be declared for element type "RowData".
Attribute "ANY---price" must be declared for element type "RowData".
Attribute "ANY---vol" must be declared for element type "RowData".

basically what I want to the ability that I have an 'RowData' element
that contain whatever it wants
while not violate my schema.

any help greatly appreciated,
raymond