Posted to ftpserver-dev@incubator.apache.org by Dell'oro Marco <sh...@yahoo.it> on 2007/02/06 16:31:42 UTC

file transfer

I installed the FTP server, but the transfer rate is
terribly slow for big files... Is there any tuning I
should perform in order to speed up the file transfer?

Thanks

___________________________________
Vinci i biglietti per FIFA World Cup in Germania!
yahoo.it/concorso_messenger

Re: file transfer

Posted by Dell'oro Marco <sh...@yahoo.it>.
I set the transfer speed to unlimited and the problem
seems to be fixed (even I though I thought that it was
set to unlimited before...)

Thanks a lot

Thanks
--- Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com> ha

___________________________________

Re: file transfer

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.

Re: file transfer

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
[Resending, hopefully not double posting]

Hi

Dell'oro Marco wrote:
 > I installed the FTP server, but the transfer rate is
 > terribly slow for big files... Is there any tuning I
 > should perform in order to speed up the file transfer?

Not anything specific that I could think of besides the buffer size as
described in this issue (). And that is not currently tweakable.

I would like to test your scenario but need some more specifics:
* how large are the files?
* is it both for storing and retrieving files?
* what environment are you testing in?
* what version are you using for testing, the binaries from the site or
built from SVN?

/niklas

Re: Java FTPServer API

Posted by Patel Ashok <Ap...@worlddocument.com>.
Client Library is here
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/downloads_commons-net.cgi

Ashok

Java FTPServer API

Posted by Rajeev Kamal <ra...@dimatas.com>.
Ashok,

Re: file transfer

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
Patel Ashok wrote:
 > Rajeev Kamal wrote:
 >> Hello,
 >> I want to use FTPServer API as I found in the following jarkarta
link. "http://incubator.apache.org/ftpserver/apidocs/index.html"
 >> Is there a jar file that I can download to use these API's.
 >> Thanks,
 >> Rajeev
 >>

 > Rajeev,
 >
 > Clink on download link on the left side using the link below.
 >
 > http://incubator.apache.org/ftpserver/index.html
 >
 > You can find "ftpserver-dev.zip
<http://incubator.apache.org/ftpserver/download/ftpserver-dev.zip>"
there which has jar file you are looking for.

These are from a very old release. Currently I would recommend you to
download the sources from Subversion and build your own binary (until we
make a new release).

To download the sources, follow the instructions here:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FTPSERVER/Source

To build a binary, follow these instructions:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FTPSERVER/Building

If you run into any problems, please get back to this mailing list and
I'll help you out.

/niklas

Re: file transfer

Posted by Patel Ashok <Ap...@worlddocument.com>.

Re: file transfer

Re: file transfer

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
Joakim Back wrote:
 > Make sure you specify the permitted upload and download speeds for the
 > user,
 > as it defaults to 4096 bytes/sec, I think? (atleast the properties based
 > usermanager)

The default value (if non is specified) is unlimited. However, your
absolutely right in that the default anon user we create has a limit
(4800b/s).

Good catch, it's important that these properties are set to be unlimited
to get the greatest transfer speed.

/niklas

Re: file transfer

Posted by Joakim Back <jo...@notitium.se>.