Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by jcamus <jc...@parkeon.com> on 2008/08/06 17:26:48 UTC

How to get rid of maven?

Can I simply get rid of maven for building service assembly?
Where can I find a detailed specifications of zip file to put in hotdeploy
of serviceMix?

Re: How to get rid of maven?

Posted by FreshAir <li...@yahoo.com.cn>.

jcamus wrote:

> Can I simply get rid of maven for building service assembly?
> Where can I find a detailed specifications of zip file to put in hotdeploy
> of serviceMix?

By simply looking into the zip file in the sa and su(actually they need just
a xbean.xml for standard jbi components).
You may read the document of each component on how to configure endpoints in
xbean.xml

Re: How to get rid of maven?

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
L.S.,

The SA zip only needs to contain the SU zip files and the
META-INF/jbi.xml descriptor.  Every SU ZIP file requires the xbean.xml
file for configuring it (or another config file, depending on the
component targeted).  There's no real magic there, so you should be able
to use Ant, Buildr, ... or any other Java build tool for creating these
kind of artifacts.

The Maven tooling only adds some additional features like
auto-generating the jbi.xml file or adding JARs to the SU ZIP files
automatically when necessary.

Regards,

Gert