Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/03 20:20:16 UTC

[IMPORTANT] Community effort to supply documentation

Over the weekend I added a LARGE number of JIRA Issues, describing the
gaps in the component reference (for the framework, and for the
contrib library).

Thiis is an EXCELLENT chance for the wider Tapestry developer
community to contribute to the project!

Converting from the HTML format to the Forrest XML format is not very
difficult and there's plenty of examples already available.  Better
yet, you can be effective without needing commit privs ... because
it's very reasonable to just attach the final file to the JIRA issue.

Here's how I see the process:
- Developers (not committers) select a Component Reference page to work on
- Add a comment to the JIRA issue (i.e., take ownership)
- Create the documentation (Forrest XML) and attach it to the JIRA issue
- A committer applies the file (or patch) and closes the issue

To build the documentation, you need to do a bit of setup, documented
on the Wiki:

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-tapestry/BuildingTapestry

Pay attention to the notes at the end, about the live-site target.  Very handy.

Thanks in advance to everyone who pitches in!

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry

Re: [IMPORTANT] Community effort to supply documentation

Posted by Norbert Sándor <de...@erinors.com>.
I found them.
I give this generating a try.

BR,