Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr> on 2010/01/27 13:10:22 UTC

[math] closing MTJ issues ?

Still attempting to reduce the backlog of issues still opened on JIRA.

Issues MATH-269, MATH-270 and MATH-271 are three related issues for
merging MTJ. We discussed them several at least twice on this list. The
threads concluded that it was a good idea, but their were some issues
with either including native code or with using a class file
postprocessor with incomptible licence to have a pure java
implementation (the translator did not change the generated code, which
coming from netlib is published with a licence compatible with ASL V2).

Since then, the main proponents of these features have moved away from
[math]. The native code vs. postprocessed code issue still remain and
nobody here seems able to handle them.

I would propose to close these issues as WON'T FIX too.

Luc

Re: [math] closing MTJ issues ?

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Yes.  The mahout group has decided not to use math and instead to roll our
own package.  That means that our particular request for speed doesn't much
apply.

I don't suppose that other commons-math users would mind a high performance
system, but they will need to speak for themselves.

--
Ted Dunning, CTO
DeepDyve

Re: [math] closing MTJ issues ?

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
Luc Maisonobe wrote:
> Still attempting to reduce the backlog of issues still opened on JIRA.
>
> Issues MATH-269, MATH-270 and MATH-271 are three related issues for
> merging MTJ. We discussed them several at least twice on this list. The
> threads concluded that it was a good idea, but their were some issues
> with either including native code or with using a class file
> postprocessor with incomptible licence to have a pure java
> implementation (the translator did not change the generated code, which
> coming from netlib is published with a licence compatible with ASL V2).
>
> Since then, the main proponents of these features have moved away from
> [math]. The native code vs. postprocessed code issue still remain and
> nobody here seems able to handle them.
>
> I would propose to close these issues as WON'T FIX too.

+1

Phil