Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com> on 2022/09/21 15:24:00 UTC

JMeter Bugzilla -> GitHub Issues migration

Hi,

I think I'm ready for migration bugs to GitHub Issues.

If no objections, I suggest starting the migration on ~ 23 Sep 08:00 UTC.

AFAIK JMeter Bugzilla is read-only now.

The plan is
1) Temporarily pause GitHub interactions for apache/jmeter repository
(prevent creating new PRs, issues)
2) Enable issues at apache/jmeter repository
3) Perform the import
4) Check import results
5) Unlock interactions in GitHub, allow creating issues and PRs

Vladimir

Re: JMeter Bugzilla -> GitHub Issues migration

Posted by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com>.
If PR5712 looks good enough, then it could indeed be merged.

I guess we could accompany that with 5.5.1 release to update the site
as a part of a regular release.

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.
Hi Vladimir,

Perhaps we need to publish an update for the JMeter website (backport
the PR5712 on 5.5 barnch and publish)?

Milamber

Posted by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com>.
I've finished the migration.

The next steps are:
* Add issue templates on GitHub
E.g. https://github.com/apache/lucene/pull/1024
* Handle <issue>...</issue> template in documentation markup (currently,
changelog expects <bug>..</bug>
* Update documentation references (Bugzilla -> GitHub Issues)

It looks like I should not have used "milestone" for the "Version" field.
"milestone" is probably more like "fixed version",
while the issue is typically created with "affects version".

There were small glitches during the migration, however, I think they are
nothing to worry about.
* ~14 issues 6734..7632 were migrated twice
* I accidentally used "end of july" dump for the migration, however, then I
re-added comments
 see https://github.com/apache/jmeter/issues/5507#issuecomment-1256926047
 The impact was 9 comments across 5 issues.

Posted by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com>.
I'm about to start the migration.
Please refrain from creating issues and PRs for apache/jmeter GitHub
repository until the migration is finished.

Posted by Mariusz W <ma...@gmail.com>.
Good Luck!:)