Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Roberto Cappa <ca...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/20 14:19:02 UTC

Logging problems with log4j

I need to integrate a Tuscany composite in my existing application, that
uses log4j. In documentation, Tuscany seems to log only using commons
logging. I've created logging.properties but It isn't a good solution
because I cannot obtain the same power of log4j in logging
pattern/rolling/ecc... and Tuscany composite log is not integrated with my
application log. Is there the possibility to log with log4j?

Thank you

Re: Logging problems with log4j

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
Hi

It depends what sort of logging you're referring to.

1/ The code tracing type of log statements we have in the code that
are useful for debugging are currently using the JDK logger

2/ The application level errors (the ones that tell you have done
something wrong in your SCA application) are all sent via the
org.apache.tuscany.sca.monitor.impl.DefaultMonitorImpl class. This is
very easy to replace with whatever logging solution you prefer as the
monitor module is pluggable

Regards

Simon