Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Serkan Camurcuoglu <se...@telenity.com> on 2008/05/06 14:28:53 UTC

Setting fragment preferences

Hi all,
I want to set preferences for my portlet entities. For example, I have
two "Flash or Flex" portlet fragments (that comes with the demo
application) and I want them to display different flash objects by
default. In the documentation, I have found that by using this syntax in
the psml:

<fragment id="uhtemp-1012" type="portlet" name="demo::BookmarkPortlet">
  <preference name="Google" readOnly="false">
    <value>http://www.google.com</value>
  </preference>
</fragment>

I can set preferences per portlet fragment. However, I haven't been able
to find a graphical way to set these preferences. Do I need to change
the psml by hand in order to achieve this, or is there a way of doing
this graphically while editing the page?

Best regards,

SerkanC

Re: Setting fragment preferences

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On May 6, 2008, at 5:28 AM, Serkan Camurcuoglu wrote:

> Hi all,
> I want to set preferences for my portlet entities. For example, I
> have two "Flash or Flex" portlet fragments (that comes with the demo
> application) and I want them to display different flash objects by
> default. In the documentation, I have found that by using this
> syntax in the psml:
>
> <fragment id="uhtemp-1012" type="portlet"
> name="demo::BookmarkPortlet">
> <preference name="Google" readOnly="false">
>   <value>http://www.google.com</value>
> </preference>
> </fragment>
>

> I can set preferences per portlet fragment. However, I haven't been
> able to find a graphical way to set these preferences. Do I need to
> change the psml by hand in order to achieve this, or is there a way
> of doing this graphically while editing the page?

Look into Edit Defaults mode, it will allow an administrator to edit
these properties from edit defaults mode
Add to your portlet definition in the portlet.xml:

         <supports>
             <mime-type>text/html</mime-type>
             <portlet-mode>VIEW</portlet-mode>

             <!--  support custom edit_defaults mode -->
             <portlet-mode>edit_defaults</portlet-mode>
         </supports>

and to your portlet app in the portlet.xml:

     <custom-portlet-mode>
         <description>a Custom Edit_defaults Mode</description>
         <portlet-mode>edit_defaults</portlet-mode>
     </custom-portlet-mode>

Also, if you want to use your edit mode processing for edit_defaults
mode, set this setting in the jetspeed.properties and restart:

# switch edit_defaults mode to edit mode automatically for portlets
not supporting edit_defaults mode
supported.portletmode.autoswitch.edit_defaults=true

Re: Setting fragment preferences

Posted by Woonsan Ko <wo...@yahoo.com>.
I think you can consider using edit_defaults custom portlet mode.
With 2.1.3, you can turn on auto-switching option for edit_defaults. See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-634 for how to configure it.

Regards,

Woonsan