Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Delos <da...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/25 14:13:28 UTC

[VOTE]- Geronimo Samples 2.2

Hi All,

Forrest and I work together and prepared a release candidate of
Geronimo Samples 2.2 for your

review and vote.

This is the second independent release of samples for Geronimo.
Besides some bug fixes,
in this release, there are two new samples added:
1. DataCDInfo -- demo a popular web application framework Struts1 in
geronimo. User can use it

as a struts1 app template to start their own development. In the same
time, it also demos how
to use JPA with a JTA underlying. Compared with daytrader, this sample
is simpler to understand;
Of cause, this sample also includes some code to demo security
annotations usage.

2. csa-activemq -- demo how to use car-maven-plugin to build a custom
server assembly. This sample
assembles geronimo integrated ActiveMQ modules(including the new
geronimo plugin activemq-webconsole),
so that user can use it as standalone JMS server with user-friendly
web interfaces to manage JMS objects.

We did some testing on the built artifacts and everything seems well.

For most of samples, they can be installed on either Geronimo 2.2 or
Geronimo 2.1.4. All of the samples
are available for installation as plugins on Geronimo 2.2. We have
created a plugin catalog for your

convenience.

Staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-060/

The svn location is here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/samples/tags/samples-parent-2.2/

Repository for plugin install:

http://geronimo.apache.org/plugins/samples-2.2/

When the release vote is approved, the maven artifacts will be moved
to the m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository at Apache.

Vote will be open for 72 hours until Jan. 27, 2010.

[ ] +1 Release Geronimo Samples 2.2
[ ] 0 No opinion
[ ] -1 Do not release Geronimo Samples 2.2 (please provide rationale)

Thanks very much for Forrest's great work!

--
Best Regards,

Delos

Re: [VOTE]- Geronimo Samples 2.2

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
+1

Built the samples locally from the tag.
Maven RAT passed, with only some built time files flagged
(dependencies.xml).

-Donald

Re: [VOTE]- Geronimo Samples 2.2

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
Is this needed?

samples/DataCDInfo/DataCDInfo-JTA-ejb/src/main/resources/META-INF/
MANIFEST.MF

The source tar.gz builds for me.  rat:check found the above file but I
think it's ok.

+1
david jencks

Re: [VOTE]- Geronimo Samples 2.2

Posted by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Ivan

Re: [VOTE]- Geronimo Samples 2.2

Re: [VOTE]- Geronimo Samples 2.2

Posted by Delos <da...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Kevan! I will take care in future.

--
Best Regards,

Delos

Re: [VOTE]- Geronimo Samples 2.2

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE]- Geronimo Samples 2.2

Posted by "Jay D. McHugh" <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

Built fine and passed RAT.

Jay

Re: [VOTE]- Geronimo Samples 2.2

Posted by Delos <da...@gmail.com>.
Hope PMC members can take a look at this.Thanks!

--
Best Regards,

Delos