Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Christian Buhtz <ys...@gmx.net> on 2007/02/10 22:21:26 UTC

svn-server for winxp

I need to control the sources of my own project with svn on a local
machine. I am using WinXP and TortoiseSVN as svn-client.

Where can I get a free svn-server and a frontend for it?

Re: svn-server for winxp

Posted by Matt Sickler <cr...@gmail.com>.
Jeff is right here.  If all you want is to control your own personal
sources, and not share them anywhere, use file:/// URLs and TortoiseSVN
If you need them accessible across a network or the internet, you must use
svnserve or apache (mod_dav_svn)
Neither of which have GUI administrative controls (or if they do, they
either suck or are expensive)

I would suggest svnserve, its default config files are easy to understand
and customize

Re: svn-server for winxp

Posted by Jeff Smith <js...@robotronics.com>.