Posted to dev@xmlbeans.apache.org by Cliff Schmidt <cl...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/20 07:22:18 UTC

Quarterly Board report for XMLBeans

Here's what I'm about to submit for our quarterly status report.  Any
additions/corrections are welcome up until Wednesday, 10 am PST.

XMLBeans Status report for October-December 2005

1. Resolved JSR-173 RI licensing issue.  BEA licensed the necessary
parts under the Apache License; so, there is no longer any licensing
issue there.

2. Released XMLBeans 2.1.0, which includes the relicensing mentioned
above, plus some minor fixes.

3.  Still waiting on the incubating C++ XMLBeans subproject to get
started.  I saw a couple of the initial committers attached to the
proposal at ApacheCon -- they believe they should be getting something
started very soon.   I'd be more concerned if any company was out
issuing press releases about it without having done anything yet, but
it doesn't appear that has been the case.

4. No new committers or PMC members this quarter, but still a very
active user and developer community.

Cliff