Posted to dev@taverna.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2016/03/06 00:30:32 UTC

Taverna 0.15.1 release licensing issue

Hi,

Sorry but I just voted -1 on your release on the incubator list due to licensing issues, namely Category B licensed files in a source release. [1]

This will need to be fixed before graduation but as long as you raise JIRAs for the issues and follow up on legal discuss I’d be willing to change my vote. Unless that is you think the issue is serious enough to not make the current release candidate a release.

Of course you still may get 3 +1 votes from other IPMC members.

Thanks,
Justin

PS Please CC me on any replies as I’m not subscribed to this list

1. http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-b

Re: Taverna 0.15.1 release licensing issue

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
I have contacted Ivan Herman which was our W3C staff contact for PROV and
also now on Web Annotation Model, hopefully he will put me in touch with
the right folks to clarify schema/ontology licences and that Community CLA
which makes an interesting thread on LEGAL..

Posted by Ian Dunlop <ia...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Gale Naylor <Ga...@noventussolutions.com>.
Can we put the release on hold for a few days while we debate the options,
or are we up against a deadline?

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.