Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Abhijit Sarkar <so...@outlook.com> on 2014/01/23 06:57:22 UTC

CDI parent pom

I was going through the CDI examples today and all of them declare the same things over and over again (compiler plugin, dependencies, ...). I propose that the commonalities are centralized in a parent pom. That way, if we ever wanted to migrate all these example from Java 6 (current configuration) to Java 7, we could change one pom and not a dozen. Of course the Java migration is a lame example, but you get the point.
I'm volunteering if this sounds like a good idea.
Regards,Abhijit

Re: CDI parent pom

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Sorry I don't get the point, you can check all examples you want this
way and each time you just play with it and not others or a weird
hierarchy like other examples source bases which are not usable when
you want to check a single feature. The only drawback is for us which
is small enough to be assumed IMO.

That said if you want to create a little utility ensuring we use the
latest openejb/tomee and javaee version (from org.apache.openejb of
course) it can be useful for releases.
Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/