Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Casadonte, Joe" <JC...@glog.com> on 2004/08/31 15:43:15 UTC

java.lang.NullPointerException at org.apache.jmeter.engine.Conver tListeners.addNode

Using JMeter 2.0.1 with 2 remote servers all running jrockit 1.4.2 under
Linux (RH AS2.1, I think).

I am seeing a ton of these errors on startup:

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.jmeter.engine.ConvertListeners.addNode(Ljava.lang.Object;Lorg.apa
che.jorphan.collections.HashTree;)V(ConvertListeners.java:54)
        at
org.apache.jorphan.collections.HashTree.traverseInto(Lorg.apache.jorphan.col
lections.HashTreeTraverser;)V(HashTree.java:1011)
        at
org.apache.jorphan.collections.HashTree.traverse(Lorg.apache.jorphan.collect
ions.HashTreeTraverser;)V(HashTree.java:990)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.engine.ClientJMeterEngine.run()V(ClientJMeterEngine.java:1
15)
        at java.lang.Thread.run()V(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.startThreadFromVM(Ljava.lang.Thread;)V(Unknown
Source)

When I had seen and reported them previously (1.8 or 1.9), the one remote
server that it occurred on would fail to start, but the rest of the test
would run.  Now, the whole test hangs (which I guess is preferable).  I will
get these errors on one server, then the other, then back again, seemingly
at random.  And then it will work.  All this without either changing the
test plan, or restarting the remote servers (i.e. it's intermittent and
random).  If I use a less powerful controller, though, it all works fine,
first time.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

joe
Joe Casadonte