Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Sean <ja...@wideasleep.com> on 2001/02/09 17:20:26 UTC

[C2] * and **

Hello,

I am trying to figure out the difference betten using * and ** in the
sitemap match statement.  What is the difference between the two.  Here is
what I am assuming, please let me know if I am right:

1. * matches a file with that name so if you say:

    <map:match pattern="docs/*">

    This will match all files in the docs directory but not subdirectories
so it will not
    match docs/subdir/file

2. ** matches the entire path so if you say:

    <map:match pattern="docs/**">

    This will match all files in every subdirectory under docs.

Is this an accurate assumption?  So if I were to use {1} for the first one
it would be the filename and for the second one it would be the path and the
filename?

Thanks again guys ... is anyone working on any user documentation for C2?  I
am living off the examples and the source code right now and would love some
additional reference material.

Sean

P.S. Sorry about the HTML email, that should no longer be an issue.

Re: [C2] * and **

Posted by Paul Russell <pa...@luminas.co.uk>.
* Sean (jakarta@wideasleep.com) wrote :
> Is this an accurate assumption?  So if I were to use {1} for the first one
> it would be the filename and for the second one it would be the path and the
> filename?

Yep.

> Thanks again guys ... is anyone working on any user documentation for C2?  I
> am living off the examples and the source code right now and would love some
> additional reference material.

Um. there's not a lot of it at the moment, put it that way. We're all
too busy writing the code at the moment. If you'd like to write some
user documentation, it would be greatly appreciated. Sometimes user
documentation is better coming from users anyway. We all know the
innards of C2 like the backs of our (code weary) hands, so its difficult
to know exactly what to document!

P.