Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Ryan Szultz <jp...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/19 18:29:16 UTC

Turning off logs when in embedded state

Hi,
I run ApacheDS LDAP server as a embedded process of a web application.
My webserver is Jetty 6.x. I get a lot of logs from LDAP, which
currently I don't need e.g.:
660 [main] INFO
org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.schema.manager.impl.DefaultSchemaManager
	Schema Name: system
		Disabled: false
		Owner: uid=admin,ou=system
		Dependencies: []
1933 [main] INFO org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.schema.AttributeType
- ERR_04303 Cannot find the SUPERIOR object name while building
cross-references for the cn AttributeType.
1974 [main] INFO
org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.schema.manager.impl.DefaultSchemaManager
- {} schema has already been loadedsystem
7619 [main] INFO org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.entry.StringValue -
Cannot normalize the value :ERR_04226 I do not know how to handle
NameAndOptionalUID normalization with objects of class:
apacheDnsDomainName
7621 [main] INFO org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.entry.StringValue -
Cannot normalize the value :ERR_04226 I do not know how to handle
NameAndOptionalUID normalization with objects of class:
apacheDnsDomainName
7636 [main] INFO org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.entry.StringValue -
Cannot normalize the value :ERR_04226 I do not know how to handle
NameAndOptionalUID normalization with objects of class: apacheDnsTtl
7638 [main] INFO org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.entry.StringValue -
Cannot normalize the value :ERR_04226 I do not know how to handle
NameAndOptionalUID normalization with objects of class:
apacheDnsDomainName

I cannot find any hint how to disable them when in ApacheDS is
embedded mode - anyone know how to hide unnecessary log messages?

--
Thanks in advance,
Adrian

Re: Turning off logs when in embedded state

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
this is cause the jetty's logging properties are being applied to ApacheDS
as well, try and see if you can apply a no-op logger in jetty's config
(I did this sometime back, but memory is hazy to exactly tell where I
exactly put the
fix, but it is clearly the jetty's logging config which is coming in your way)

--
Kiran Ayyagari

Re: Turning off logs when in embedded state

Posted by Hendy Irawan <he...@soluvas.com>.
Hi,

This isn't specific to ApacheDS. You should learn to configure logging for
any container you use (Jetty).

For example in JBoss this is how I configure my app:

<logger category="com.aksimata">
    <level name="DEBUG"/>
</logger>
<logger category="id.co.bippo">
    <level name="DEBUG"/>
</logger>
<logger category="com.soluvas">
    <level name="DEBUG"/>
</logger>
<logger category="org.soluvas">
    <level name="DEBUG"/>
</logger>
<logger category="org.apache.directory">
    <level name="WARN"/>
</logger>
<logger category="org.jboss.weld.ClassLoading">
    <level name="WARN"/>
</logger>
<logger category="org.apache.directory.shared.asn1.ber.Asn1Decoder">
<level name="ERROR"/>
</logger>

This makes ApacheDS logging pleasant, while still notifying me of "bad"
situations.

Hendy

--
Hendy Irawan - on Twitter <http://twitter.com/hendybippo> - on