Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Emir Mahmut BAHSI <em...@yahoo.com> on 2008/04/22 22:59:18 UTC

Site Selection

Hi,
I am doing research on site selection of workflow management systems. I wonder how Ant handles site selection.
For each task do we have to mention in which site it will be executed or prior to running the workflow we just tell to Ant a set of sites and tasks that will be assigned to one of the sites according to some site selection mechanism? Or in Ant we only execute the tasks in local machine. (I am asking this since I have used Ant only for testing purposes in local system)
I need to get as much information as possible. Is there any documentation or any publication about it that I can read.

Regards,
Emir Mahmut Bahsi
Research assistant
Dept of Computer Science at LSU
Room 231, Johnston Hall
Louisiana State University
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
embahsi@cct.lsu.edu
http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~embahsi

Be a better friend, newshound, and

Re: Site Selection

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
http://ant.apache.org/manual/tasksoverview.html
setproxy access to external sites thru configured proxy

SourceOffSite
Tasks to perform the SourceOffSite sosget, soslabel, soscheckin, and
soscheckout commands

Otherwise you might want to consider configuring multiple repositories with
maven
http://maven.apache.org/ref/2.0.8/maven-settings/settings.html

M-