Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by ho...@tinuviel.compendium.net.ar on 2001/01/21 04:51:46 UTC

is MinSpareServers obsolete?

tinuviel:/usr/local/apache# ./bin/httpd
Syntax error on line 90 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid command 'MinSpareServers', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

It's supposed to be in core, so it should work.

If it has been removed please add the Compatibility: comment in manual.

Thanks,
					HoraPe
---
Horacio J. Pe�a
horape@compendium.com.ar
horape@uninet.edu
bofh@puntoar.net.ar
horape@hcdn.gov.ar

Re: is MinSpareServers obsolete?

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
It depends on which MPM you are using.  This MPM is only valid in the
Prefork MPM.  We are working very hard to document the different MPMs, but
we are falling behind due to some serious bugs.

Ryan

On Sun, 21 Jan 2001 horape@tinuviel.compendium.net.ar wrote:

> tinuviel:/usr/local/apache# ./bin/httpd
> Syntax error on line 90 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
> Invalid command 'MinSpareServers', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
>
> It's supposed to be in core, so it should work.
>
> If it has been removed please add the Compatibility: comment in manual.
>
> Thanks,
> 					HoraPe
> ---
> Horacio J. Pe�a