Posted to user@click.apache.org by Muhammad Sarwar <m....@nesc.gla.ac.uk> on 2010/02/22 23:15:35 UTC

Apache Click and Portlets

Hi,

Just recently discovered about Apache Click and the way it has been projected, sounds promising. Well, i have a question: How to program JSR168/268 compliant portlets in Apache Click? And how to integrate the solution in some of the leading portal frameworks like Liferay, for example? Any code examples?

Thanks,

Sulman

Re: Apache Click and Portlets

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi Muhammad,

If you interested in portlet development type you maybe interested looking
at one of the projects from Apache Portal: http://portals.apache.org

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Henry

Posted by Joseph Schmidt <jo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Bob Schellink <sa...@gmail.com>.
I don't consider myself a fan of Portals, but to be fair, there are more to Portals than just the
portlet pages. The Portal provides a one-stop administration for the entire application which can
consist of multiple Portlets / Applications. You also get single sign-on for all Portlets hosted on
the Portal and most Portals ship with a plethora of enterprisy applications.

Its a shame the Portal spec deviated so much from the Servlet spec. Servlet based frameworks have to
jump quite a few hoops to comply with the Portlet spec.

kind regards

bob

Posted by Joseph Schmidt <jo...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Malcolm Edgar <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Muhammad,

Apache Click does not support portlets (JSR 168), Click uses a
completely different programming and event model.  There is not
intention to support the portlet specification in the future.

The only advice I can provide for portlet integration is to IFRAME
Click content inside a portlet.

regards Malcolm Edgar