Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Sander Striker <st...@apache.org> on 2005/04/12 09:25:22 UTC

2.0.54 release candidate tarball available for testing

Hi,

As usual the tarballs are at:

  http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/

Please give 2.0.54 a whirl and report any problems (or successes) ;)

Thanks,

Sander

Re: 2.0.54 release candidate tarball available for testing

Posted by Oden Eriksson <oe...@mandriva.com>.
tisdag 12 april 2005 09.25 skrev Sander Striker:
> Hi,
>
> As usual the tarballs are at:
>
>   http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/
>
> Please give 2.0.54 a whirl and report any problems (or successes) ;)

Works for me.

+1

--
Regards // Oden Eriksson
Mandriva: http://www.mandriva.com

Re: 2.0.54 release candidate tarball available for testing

Posted by Guenter Knauf <ef...@gmx.net>.
Hi Sander,
I tried yesterday evening a build from the tarball, and NetWare Makefiles seem somehow broken for me. I have just fetched the tarballs from http://cvs.apache.org/snapshots/ and get the same result: 2.0.x-dev breaks with the extfilter module, while 2.1.x-dev works fine....

Can you perhaps hold the release a few hours until I have checked with Brad what/if something's broken, and why he doesnt see the same as I...?

thanks, Guenter.

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
At 01:28 PM 4/14/2005, Sander Striker wrote:
>Bill, do you happen to have time to get some win32 balls up on dev/dist
>so I can push it out together with the other tarballs?

As soon as I get back this evening.

Re: 2.0.54 release candidate tarball available for testing

Posted by Sander Striker <st...@apache.org>.

Posted by Oden Eriksson <oe...@mandriva.com>.

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.
--On Tuesday, April 12, 2005 9:25 AM +0200 Sander Striker
<st...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As usual the tarballs are at:
>
>   http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/
>
> Please give 2.0.54 a whirl and report any problems (or successes) ;)

+1.

Passes httpd-test on Darwin with the unexpected success on include (#51) -
I'm guessing that the test framework needs to be updated to reflect a
recent backport?

Thanks!  -- justin

Re: 2.0.54 release candidate tarball available for testing

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> At 02:25 AM 4/12/2005, Sander Striker wrote:
>

>>As usual the tarballs are at:
>>
>>http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/
>>
>>Please give 2.0.54 a whirl and report any problems (or successes) ;)
>

> Hmmm.  How does the current infrastructure state of http://*.apache.org
> fit into testing this live for our site?  Is it possible to subject
> ourselves to the usual three days of our own dogfood?

Yes, I'll try to get it setup on ajax.

Joshua.

Re: 2.0.54 release candidate tarball available for testing

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
At 09:16 AM 4/12/2005, Bill Stoddard wrote:
>William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>>
>>Hmmm.  How does the current infrastructure state of http://*.apache.org
>>fit into testing this live for our site?  Is it possible to subject
>>ourselves to the usual three days of our own dogfood?
>
>+1

I ask because - with some major overhauls of our colo, http
traffic was redirected to our euro server.  I'm not aware of
how we are handling http traffic at this point.

[edit: I just saw Joshua's post - our primary http server is now
chewing on 2.0.54.  Thank you!]

Bill

Re: 2.0.54 release candidate tarball available for testing

Posted by Bill Stoddard <bi...@wstoddard.com>.

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.

Posted by Sander Temme <sa...@temme.net>.
On Apr 12, 2005, at 12:25 AM, Sander Striker wrote:

> Please give 2.0.54 a whirl and report any problems (or successes) ;)

I ran on Darwin 7.8.0, FreeBSD 4.10 and Red Hat 8.0. Threw PHP 5.0.4
into the mix for amusement and to get a bunch of extra tests running. I
then ran against 2.0.53 for comparison.

The Linux install ran fail-free
The Darwin install had one categorical failure: t/protocol/echo.t
borked but that seems to be a problem in the test code.
The FreeBSD install had more failures and also had different failures
between 2.0.53 and the 2.0.54 candidate. Sadly, I don't have *any* time
to even analyse this. Are other folks seeing similar failures on the
platform?

BTW, PHP really doesn't like to be built with -DDEBUG... setting this
unearths a couple of calls that remain undefined, and the inclusion of
one source file that doesn't exist. Nice.

S.

Re: 2.0.54 release candidate tarball available for testing

Posted by Clement Laforet <sh...@cultdeadsheep.org>.
On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 10:09:38PM -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Please one request; be as specific as you can about OS flavor and
> kernel, these things help us to grok exactly how widely the current
> build is being tested.

FYI, on FreeBSD, port of release candidates are available for review,
announcements are posted on freebsd-apache mailing list.
I can't descenlty encourage people to send feedback to this mailing
list, since our port options differ from vanilla apache ones.

2.0.54 from port have been built on FreeBSD-4.x/5.x/6.x on i386 and
6.0-CURRENT on amd64.
It runs fine on 5-STABLE-i386 ans 6.0-CURRENT-amd64 with  prefork and
worker MPM.
My "sanity check" builds didn't report any error with different
configurations (static/DSO'd, different MPMs and more)

clem

Re: 2.0.54 release candidate tarball available for testing

Posted by Christian Parpart <tr...@gentoo.org>.
On Thursday 14 April 2005 5:09 am, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> At 01:24 PM 4/13/2005, Christian Parpart wrote:
> >On Tuesday 12 April 2005 9:25 am, Sander Striker wrote:
> >> Please give 2.0.54 a whirl and report any problems (or successes) ;)
> >
> >not that I'm an apache dev - within the ASF. But I've installed it locally
> > and on 2 of three prod. hosts. One with having an active webchat
> > community on it. So, really active. And I got no problems so far.
>
> Christian, Stephan, others,
>
> thank you for your responses!  Although true, only three voting
> members count, we truly appreciate everyone willing to vet the
> potential release candidates.
>
> Please one request; be as specific as you can about OS flavor and
> kernel, these things help us to grok exactly how widely the current
> build is being tested.

Host 1(sws):
* Gentoo Linux
* Linux sws 2.6.8-gentoo-r1 #1 SMP Tue Aug 24 10:27:34 CEST 2004 i686 AMD
Athlon(tm) MP Processor 1500+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
* this is the very active community server, btw
* very active with regard to mod_dav_svn and project page serving

Host 2(himura):
* Gentoo Linux (stable branch)
* Linux himura 2.6.11-gentoo-r5 #1 Wed Apr 6 13:56:48 CEST 2005 i686 AMD
Athlon(tm) XP 2800+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
* less active, web related

Host 3(iai):
* Gentoo Linux
* Linux iai 2.6.10-gentoo-r6 #1 Sat Jan 29 06:52:10 CET 2005 i686 AMD
Sempron(tm) 2600+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
* very active with regard to mod_dav_svn use and php web hosting

Host 4(battousai):
* Gentoo Linux
Linux battousai 2.6.11-gentoo-r5 #1 Sat Apr 2 13:42:49 CEST 2005 x86_64 AMD
Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
* my desktop box, heaving coding with my own apache module and tracking.
Though, I can say, httpd-2.0.54 works just fine :)

All boxes have been upgraded to the httpd 2.0.54 since the moment I saw the
tarball in /dev/dist/

p.s.: anything else I could report in more detail?

Regards,
Christian Parpart.

--
Netiquette: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt
 17:08:50 up 22 days,  6:15,  0 users,  load average: 0.04, 0.08, 0.12

Re: 2.0.54 release candidate tarball available for testing

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
At 01:24 PM 4/13/2005, Christian Parpart wrote:
>On Tuesday 12 April 2005 9:25 am, Sander Striker wrote:
>
>> Please give 2.0.54 a whirl and report any problems (or successes) ;)
>
>not that I'm an apache dev - within the ASF. But I've installed it locally and
>on 2 of three prod. hosts. One with having an active webchat community on it.
>So, really active. And I got no problems so far.

Christian, Stephan, others,

thank you for your responses!  Although true, only three voting
members count, we truly appreciate everyone willing to vet the
potential release candidates.

Please one request; be as specific as you can about OS flavor and
kernel, these things help us to grok exactly how widely the current
build is being tested.

Again, thank you.

Bill

Re: 2.0.54 release candidate tarball available for testing

Posted by Christian Parpart <tr...@gentoo.org>.
On Tuesday 12 April 2005 9:25 am, Sander Striker wrote:
> As usual the tarballs are at:
>
>   http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/
>
> Please give 2.0.54 a whirl and report any problems (or successes) ;)

not that I'm an apache dev - within the ASF. But I've installed it locally and
on 2 of three prod. hosts. One with having an active webchat community on it.
So, really active. And I got no problems so far.

Looking forward, ;-)
Christian Parpart.

--
Netiquette: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt
 20:23:09 up 21 days,  9:29,  0 users,  load average: 0.87, 0.54, 0.44

Re: 2.0.54 release candidate tarball available for testing

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com>.
On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 09:25:22AM +0200, Sander Striker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As usual the tarballs are at:
>
>  http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/
>
> Please give 2.0.54 a whirl and report any problems (or successes) ;)

+1 for release, looks good in httpd-test'ing here.  Thanks for RMing.

joe

Re: 2.0.54 release candidate tarball available for testing

Posted by Stephen <sp...@gmail.com>.
Compiled fine on a Linux 2.4 machine, including mod-deflate, a
particular fave of mine.

Not that my vote counts, but:

+1

smp