Posted to jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org> on 2007/06/06 20:26:18 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] JCS 1.3 released

Jakarta JCS 1.3 is now available. JCS is a distributed caching system
written in Java. This release is the first official release of JCS under
the Jakarta Project.

JCS 1.3 has been uploaded to the usual places and is/will soon be
available in either binary or source form from the following sources:

- The maven1-repository
under jcs as binary jcs-1.3.jar

- The maven2-repository
under org/apache/jcs/jcs/1.3 as binary jcs-1.3.jar

- The JCS download page
at http://jakarta.apache.org/jcs/DownloadPage.html as binary and source
distribution.

Have fun.

Bye, Thomas (on behalf of the JCS team)

Re: [ANNOUNCE] JCS 1.3 released

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.
Henning Schmiedehausen wrote:
> Hm, the repo folks will complain (again) about the fact that the groups
> are different for maven-1 and maven-2. There was some feedback from
> Carlos Sanchez that jars should be uploaded to either maven-1 or maven-2
> repo and the other mirrors automatically.
>
> You might wanna check with the repo list folks (repository@apache.org).

We got no complaints with the DB-Torque jars. Same thing there. I
thought the different naming was intentional and everybody should move
to the new naming schema?

Bye, Thomas.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] JCS 1.3 released

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] JCS 1.3 released

Posted by Henning Schmiedehausen <hp...@intermeta.de>.
Hm, the repo folks will complain (again) about the fact that the groups
are different for maven-1 and maven-2. There was some feedback from
Carlos Sanchez that jars should be uploaded to either maven-1 or maven-2
repo and the other mirrors automatically.

You might wanna check with the repo list folks (repository@apache.org).

	Best regards
		Henning

On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 20:26 +0200, Thomas Vandahl wrote:
> Jakarta JCS 1.3 is now available. JCS is a distributed caching system
> written in Java. This release is the first official release of JCS under
> the Jakarta Project.
>
> JCS 1.3 has been uploaded to the usual places and is/will soon be
> available in either binary or source form from the following sources:
>
> - The maven1-repository
> under jcs as binary jcs-1.3.jar
>
> - The maven2-repository
> under org/apache/jcs/jcs/1.3 as binary jcs-1.3.jar
>
> - The JCS download page
> at http://jakarta.apache.org/jcs/DownloadPage.html as binary and source
> distribution.
>
> Have fun.
>
> Bye, Thomas (on behalf of the JCS team)

Henning P. Schmiedehausen  -- hps@intermeta.de | J2EE, Linux,               |gls
91054 Buckenhof, Germany   -- +49 9131 506540  | Apache person              |eau
Open Source Consulting, Development, Design    | Velocity - Turbine guy     |rwc
                                                                            |m k
INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH - RG Fuerth, HRB 7350     |a s
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Buckenhof. Geschaeftsfuehrer: Henning Schmiedehausen |n

Re: [ANNOUNCE] JCS 1.3 released

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 06/06/07, Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org> wrote:
> Jakarta JCS 1.3 is now available. JCS is a distributed caching system
> written in Java. This release is the first official release of JCS under
> the Jakarta Project.

Probably a good idea to send the e-mail to:

announce@apache.org

as well.

> JCS 1.3 has been uploaded to the usual places and is/will soon be
> available in either binary or source form from the following sources:
>
> - The maven1-repository
> under jcs as binary jcs-1.3.jar
>
> - The maven2-repository
> under org/apache/jcs/jcs/1.3 as binary jcs-1.3.jar
>
> - The JCS download page
> at http://jakarta.apache.org/jcs/DownloadPage.html as binary and source
> distribution.

I cannot find the KEYS file that was used for signing the release.
This ought to be linked from the JCS download page.

See for example the Httpd or JackRabbit download pages.

By the way, the cgi files need to be marked as executable - I fixed
that in SVN and have fixed the file in the dpwnloads directory.

S///

Re: [ANNOUNCE] JCS 1.3 released

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] JCS 1.3 released