Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by George Gallen <gg...@slackinc.com> on 2004/03/29 23:08:31 UTC

[users@httpd] images not loading...(servername=..) question

OK. Still can't images to always load when accessing system from internet...

Not sure if it's related..but..

In the config file it asks for the "servername"

How do you configure if your server is known by two names?

It is known by one name for internal DNS on the 10.10 network (which the images work on,
   and that is what servername is set to.

And then there is the servername for external DNS usage (which the images don't work on
   and that is not what servername is set to.), however, all html works fine.

How do I setup the configuration file for an internal and an external servername?

George

George Gallen
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Accounting/Data Division
ggallen@slackinc.com
ph:856.848.1000 Ext 220

SLACK Incorporated - An innovative information, education and management company
http://www.slackinc.com

Re: [users@httpd] images not loading...(servername=..) question

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Mon, 29 Mar 2004, George Gallen wrote:
> How do I setup the configuration file for an internal and an external servername?

Either setup two virtual hosts that map to the same content with different
server names, or set
UseCanonicalName off

See the docs for that directive.

Joshua.