Posted to log4cxx-dev@logging.apache.org by aman <am...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/21 14:07:21 UTC

Exception from Log4cxx on full filesystem

Hi All

Facing some trouble because of Log4cxx when the Filesystem is full ...
Seems like whenever the Filesystem is full log4cxx throws an IOException ...

I am using RollingFileAppender under unix enviornment ...

What I essentially want is for the logger to stop logging as soon as the
filesystem is full ... although I achieved this by putting simple try/catch
blocks around log4cxx wrappers in my code ... but this drastically
degraded my applications performance ... and I am unable to figure out the
reason ... however application regains normality when some space is freed up
from filesystem ....

Tried the same stuff using log4j and turns out ...that it doesn't throw any
exception to the application when out of disk space(why cant log4cxx do that
???) ....

Can anyone please suggest an alternate approach or workaround ... as i don't
want to handle this exception at my application level ...

Any suggestions will be valuable and greatly appreciated