Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2020/08/27 11:27:00 UTC

Module main class only in root package?

Hi all,

while I’m experimenting more and more with Royale and it’s modules, I ran into something new … it seems the Module main class must be located in the root package.
Is this correct?

Problem I see with that is that it’s easier to have name collisions. If I’m allowed to put my Main class into a package I can much simpler partition the namespace.

Chris

Re: Module main class only in root package?

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Chris,

thanks for reporting. I tried and can confirm we have a bug with modules in
packages, and is not supported right now.

Example to reproduce is examples/blog/
BE0013_Dividing_an_Apache_Royale_application_with_modules
If I move JewelModule.mxml to a package "somePackage" and change pom.xml
from
<mainClass>JewelModule.mxml</mainClass>
<mainClass>somePackage/JewelModule.mxml</mainClass>
example compilers but module can't load
in release mode I get also this error:

*UIModuleUtils.as:251 Uncaught TypeError: window[this.moduleName] is not a
constructor*
*    at rj.I.loadHandler (UIModuleUtils.as:251)*
*I.loadHandler @ UIModuleUtils.as:251*
*load (async)*
*I.loadModule @ UIModuleUtils.as:184*
*I.loadModule @ ModuleLoader.as:139*
*Zj.loadModule @ MainJewelApp.mxml:29*
*Zj.hc @ MainJewelApp.mxml:57*
*Dg @ events.js:744*
*Dg @ ElementWrapper.as:201*
*yg @ events.js:870*
*b @ events.js:289*

Can you create a github issue so someone can have as a reference in order
to solve?

Thanks for reporting.

Carlos

--