Posted to commits@nutch.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2007/01/20 23:20:10 UTC

[Nutch Wiki] Update of "StrategicGoals" by AndrzejBialecki

Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by AndrzejBialecki:
http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/StrategicGoals

The comment on the change is:
.

New page:
This page outlines our medium- to long-term vision of Nutch goals. It's important both to users and developers to understand what we would like to achieve with Nutch in the timeframe of next couple of months to a year, and beyond.

Nutch is a community-driven effort, so you are welcome to contribute your view to this page. When adding to the sections below, think also about the potential impact on the target audience - but also think about the development efforts needed to reach this goal, and set the goals realistically ... ;)

== Architecture-related goals ==
 1. Scalability and performance
  1.
  1.

 1. Plugins and modularity
  1.
  1.

 1. Configuration, management and control
  1.
  1.

 1. Internationalization
  1.
  1.

 1. Page and link databases
  1.
  1.

 1. Scoring and ranking
  1.
  1.

 1. Supported content
  1.
  1.

 1. Fetching
  1.
  1.

 1. Segment management
  1.
  1.

 1. Indexing
  1.
  1.

 1. Distributed search - architecture and deployment
  1.
  1.

== Target audience-related goals ==
 1. Nutch for small-scale users