Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Richard Wallace <rw...@thewallacepack.net> on 2005/11/08 22:47:04 UTC

[m2] Deploying and using snapshot versions

Hello again,

I have several projects that I'm trying to convert to use maven 2.
There are some that are dependent on others.  The projects that are
depended on have versions like 0.2-SNAPSHOT.  With m1 this wasn't a big
deal, everything was treated the same pretty much.  Now, when I do a
'mvn deploy' the SNAPSHOT part on the pom and jar file are replaced with
the date and build number.  That's fine, I don't mind that.  But, then
in the dependent projects I have the version set as 0.2-SNAPSHOT.  When
maven tries to download the pom it fails because it tries to get
mylib-0.2-SNAPSHOT.pom rather than mylib-0.2-${last build date}-${last
build number}.jar.  I tried switching to just using SNAPSHOT as the
version and that didn't help at all either.  Any ideas what I'm doing
wrong?  Or is this a bug?

Thanks,
Rich

Re: [m2] Deploying and using snapshot versions

Posted by Richard Wallace <rw...@thewallacepack.net>.
Oh wait, nevermind.  It's a problem with my eyes.  The pom it's trying
to download is for it's parent project which I haven't deployed yet.