Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Sebastiaan van Erk <se...@sebster.com> on 2007/09/11 00:56:53 UTC

1.3.0-SNAPSHOT maven error

Hi,

I'm trying to use the latest snapshot version of wicket, but maven
complains:

[INFO] snapshot org.apache.wicket:wicket:1.3.0-SNAPSHOT: checking for
updates from wicket
Downloading:
http://wicketstuff.org/maven/repository//org/apache/wicket/wicket/1.3.0-SNAPSHOT/wicket-1.3.0-SNAPSHOT.pom
1/2K
2/2K
2K downloaded
[INFO] snapshot org.apache.wicket:wicket-jdk14:1.3.0-SNAPSHOT: checking
for updates from wicket
Downloading:
http://wicketstuff.org/maven/repository//org/apache/wicket/wicket-jdk14/1.3.0-SNAPSHOT/wicket-jdk14-1.3.0-SNAPSHOT.pom
[ERROR] An error occurred during dependency resolution of the following
artifact:
     org.apache.wicket:wicket:1.3.0-SNAPSHOT
Caused by: Unable to get dependency information: Unable to read the
metadata file for artifact 'org.apache.wicket:wicket:jar': Cannot find
parent: org.apache.wicket:wicket-jdk14 for project: null:wicket:jar:null
   org.apache.wicket:wicket:jar:1.3.0-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
   wicket (http://wicketstuff.org/maven/repository/),
   central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

Am I doing something wrong?

Regards,
Sebastiaan

Re: 1.3.0-SNAPSHOT maven error

Posted by Timo Rantalaiho <Ti...@ri.fi>.
On Wed, 12 Sep 2007, Timo Rantalaiho wrote:
> As far as I can tell, the <parent> in pom seems incorrect:
>
> 	<parent>
> 		<groupId>org.apache.wicket</groupId>
> 		<artifactId>wicket-jdk14</artifactId>
> 		<version>1.3.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
> 		<relativePath>../pom.xml</relativePath>
> 	</parent>
>
>   http://wicketstuff.org/maven/repository/org/apache/wicket/wicket/1.3.0-SNAPSHOT/wicket-1.3.0-SNAPSHOT.pom
>
> as there is no "wicket-jdk14" project in the repository.

In subversion, the situation seems better, because the
parent project indeed has artifactId wicket-jdk14

  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/wicket/trunk/jdk-1.4/pom.xml

but it should somehow find its way to the maven2 repository
as well to make the snapshots available via maven.

- Timo

--
Timo Rantalaiho
Reaktor Innovations Oy    <URL: http://www.ri.fi/ >

Re: 1.3.0-SNAPSHOT maven error

Posted by Timo Rantalaiho <Ti...@ri.fi>.
Hello,

We haev encountered a similar problem.

As far as I can tell, the <parent> in pom seems incorrect:

	<parent>
		<groupId>org.apache.wicket</groupId>
		<artifactId>wicket-jdk14</artifactId>
		<version>1.3.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
		<relativePath>../pom.xml</relativePath>
	</parent>

  http://wicketstuff.org/maven/repository/org/apache/wicket/wicket/1.3.0-SNAPSHOT/wicket-1.3.0-SNAPSHOT.pom

as there is no "wicket-jdk14" project in the repository.

I think that you can reproduce the problem by deleting
1.3.0-SNAPSHOT stuff from your local maven repository
and trying to build a project that depends on
1.3.0-SNAPSHOT.

Best wishes,

Timo

Re: 1.3.0-SNAPSHOT maven error

Posted by Sebastiaan van Erk <se...@sebster.com>.
This was a mvn eclipse:eclipse, but I get a similar error with a mvn
compile. It's just a standard project with wicket as a dependency; used
to be 1.3.0-beta3 (which worked fine), but changed it to SNAPSHOT and
added the wicketstuff repository like so:

<repositories>
	<repository>
		<id>wicket</id>
		<url>http://wicketstuff.org/maven/repository/</url>
	</repository>
</repositories>

That's the only changes I made to the working 1.3.0-beta3 based pom.

Regards,
Sebastiaan

Re: 1.3.0-SNAPSHOT maven error

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.