Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by John Burwell <jb...@basho.com> on 2013/07/19 22:30:27 UTC

[ACS42] NFS Cache Naming

All,

It was my understanding that we had agreed to rename the "NFS Cache" mechanism to reflect that it is not a cache and remove the assumption that it will always be backed by NFS.  Is my understanding correct?

Thanks,
-John

Re: [ACS42] NFS Cache Naming

Posted by Min Chen <mi...@citrix.com>.
CLOUDSTACK-3818 is resolved now based on our consensus.

Thanks
-min

Re: [ACS42] NFS Cache Naming

Posted by John Burwell <jb...@basho.com>.
Works for me -- +1.
On Jul 26, 2013, at 2:23 PM, Min Chen <mi...@citrix.com> wrote:

> I like this better, they will be replaced as below if there is no
> objection.
>
> 	createSecondaryStagingStore
> 	listSecondaryStagingStores
> 	deleteSecondaryStagingStore
>
> Jessica, please fix the UI invocation with these new api names. API
> parameters are not changed, just name is changed.
>
> Thanks
> -min
>
> On 7/26/13 11:19 AM, "Chip Childers" <ch...@sungard.com> wrote:
>
>> Daan answered that below with "NFS Staging", so refining that a bit,
>> here's my proposal:
>>
>> fooSecondaryStagingStore
>>

>> On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 06:15:04PM +0000, Min Chen wrote:
>>> John,
>>>
>>> Currently we have 3 APIs for previous cache store, they are named as:
>>> createCacheStore
>>> listCacheStores

Re: [ACS42] NFS Cache Naming

Posted by Min Chen <mi...@citrix.com>.

Re: [ACS42] NFS Cache Naming

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.

Re: [ACS42] NFS Cache Naming

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 02:18:43PM -0400, John Burwell wrote:
> Min,
>
> If we are agreed on the term "Staging Area", I would go with *StagingArea(s) instance of *CacheStore(s).  Does that make sense?

If the only purpose of this is for secondary storage, shouldn't it be
SecondaryStaging?

Re: [ACS42] NFS Cache Naming

Posted by John Burwell <jb...@basho.com>.
Min,