Posted to dev@training.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2019/06/16 00:19:41 UTC

training draft release announce email

Hi,

Here’s the draft announce email for the release - feedback welcome.

The links on the download page to the hashes and signatures were also incorrect I’ve made a PR for that.

———————
Hello Community,

The Apache Training (incubating) team is pleased to announce the source
release of Apache Navigating the ASF Incubator Process 1.0 (incubating).

This is a slide deck containing overview of how to navigate the ASF
incubating process from start to finish.

Apache Training aim is to create high-quality training material for various
projects in an open source form. Up until now everyone who wants to offer a
Training course for one of the Apache projects needs to create her or his
own slides/labs and keep them up-to-date. This is a significant investment
of time and money. This project aims to spread that burden and help all
Apache projects as we can create shared resources and we can also create
cross-project training resources.

The official source release are available from
https://training.apache.org/downloads.html.

If you have any usage questions, or have problems when upgrading, please
don't hesitate to let us know by sending feedback to dev@training.apache.org
or opening a GitHub issue at https://github.com/apache/?q=incubator-training.

*Disclaimer*

Apache Training is an effort undergoing incubation at The Apache Software
Foundation (ASF), sponsored by the Incubator. Incubation is required of all
newly accepted projects until a further review indicates that the
infrastructure, communications, and decision making process have stabilized
in a manner consistent with other successful ASF projects. While incubation
status is not necessarily a reflection of the completeness or stability of
the code, it does indicate that the project has yet to be fully endorsed by
the ASF.

Thanks,
Apache Training PPMC
———————

Thanks,
Justin

Re: training draft release announce email

Posted by Lars Francke <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I think it's great that we have the content online!
And I like your idea of having one page that lists all "artifacts".

What I don't like is that we're going to check in the same "boilerplate"
(reveal js etc.) a bunch of times. But I don't have a better solution so I
think it's all good for now.

Cheers,
Lars

Posted by Dmitriy Pavlov <dp...@apache.org>.
Hi Justin,

I find it essential. Most of users won't build from source, so publishing
prepared material should help the project.

Sincerely
Dmitriy Pavlov

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Sorry been bit busy with lots of other stuff, will send this out shortly.

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.
+1!

17 Haz 2019 Pzt, saat 20:19 tarihinde Lars Francke <la...@gmail.com>

Posted by Lars Francke <la...@gmail.com>.