Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Pa...@aol.com on 2012/06/22 08:51:44 UTC

Apache OpenOffice 3.4

Hello,

I would like to know how to disable the autostart
function.  When I login to my computer, v 3.4 starts
automatically.  V 3.3 did not do that, and I would
like v 3.4 not to start everytime I login.  Please help!

Sincerely,
Paine Ellsworth

Re: Apache OpenOffice 3.4

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

On 22.06.2012 08:51, Painius@aol.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to know how to disable the autostart
> function.  When I login to my computer, v 3.4 starts
> automatically.  V 3.3 did not do that, and I would
> like v 3.4 not to start everytime I login.  Please help!

Please have a look into the forum. Here is a link to a thread discussing this
problem [1].

In AOO 3.4.1 the quickstarter will be fixed. Then it will be working as
expected, again.

[1]
http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=54455&hilit=apache+startup

Best regards, Oliver.

Re: Apache OpenOffice 3.4

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Fri, 22 Jun 2012 02:51:44 -0400 (EDT)
Painius@aol.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to know how to disable the autostart
> function.  When I login to my computer, v 3.4 starts
> automatically.  V 3.3 did not do that, and I would
> like v 3.4 not to start everytime I login.  Please help!

In OpenOffice go to
/Tools /Options /OpenOffice.org : Memory and uncheck Enable Systray Quickstarter.

This small annoyance is due to be fixed in AOO 3.4.1 (about end of July).
--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>