Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Scott Purcell <sp...@vertisinc.com> on 2003/04/25 19:07:48 UTC

Tomcat 4.06 Adjust Memory Requirements

Hello,

I am running a pair of Win2000 boxes here with Tomcat 4.06 on them. Tomcat is throwing up  customers do large (200+ MB) multipart uploads.  I have tried to limit the size of the uploads, but it doesn't happen until the file is at Tomcat, so I cannot catch it there. So I am going to reinstall our dev box early next week and could use some advice on adjusting the amount of memory I can give to the servlet engine. I would like to set some ceiling that would minimimize the out of memory error that occurs when large uploads occur.

I have searched for information on this, but I do not see much out there that is in-line to what I need to do. Also I want to be able to run this as a service.

Does anyone have any info, sites to check out, etc. where I can accomplish this mission.?

Thanks
Scott