Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org> on 2016/09/11 01:17:30 UTC

How do all the binaries get built?

What has to be done, in what sorts of environments, to generate all the
binaries?

Does, for example, building all the language versions for OSX have to be
done on a Mac, or can one take some language files and some OSX files
and combine them on a Windows machine?

Re: How do all the binaries get built?

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 09/23/2016 08:41 PM, schrieb Jim Jagielski:
> Just a FYI that I now have 4 build VMs available that I will
> use: OSX 10.11/Xcode 7.3.1, Ubuntu 14.04/64bit, CentOS5.11/64bit
> and CentOS5.11/32bit.
>
> So far, successful builds on OSX and the 64bit Ubuntu and CentOS5
> VMs; haven't tried the 32bit one yet.

that's fantastic. Thanks for your work.

Marcus

Re: How do all the binaries get built?

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
I'll set one up in the next day.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.

On 9/11/2016 12:50 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> Patricia Shanahan wrote:
>> What has to be done, in what sorts of environments, to generate all the
>> binaries?
>> Does, for example, building all the language versions for OSX have to be
>> done on a Mac, or can one take some language files and some OSX files
>> and combine them on a Windows machine?
>
> The reference environments are listed at
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openoffice/devtools/build-scripts/4.1.2/
> (see the environments.txt file).
>
> We use:
> - CentOS 5 32-bit to build RPMs and DEBs 32-bit
> - CentOS 5 64-bit to build RPMs and DEBs 64-bit
> - MacOS X for Mac builds
> - Windows 7 for Windows builds

The only one of those environments that I have is an elderly Windows 7
laptop with limited disk space.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.