Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Konstantin Bartchenkov <ko...@hothouse.com.au> on 2006/08/23 12:34:12 UTC

Building MyEclipse project with Maven2

Hi Guys,

I'm having a problem building myEclipse project using m2.
The main issue is that it's not in default maven file structure.
It looks like this

myProject
	src
		com/company...	all java sources go here
	WebRoot
		*.jsp			all jsp files are here
		WEB-INF
			Xmls
			Classes	compiled classes should be placed here
	POM.xml

The first task is to get maven to compile it and place classes to
WebRoot/WEB-INF/classes
It could be done by saying following
<build>
    <sourceDirectory>src</sourceDirectory>
    <outputDirectory>WebRoot/WEB-INF/classes</outputDirectory>
</build>

But how can I manage to create war file when it doesn't really know
where my jsps/xmls are? Basically after the compilation all it has to do
is to grab WebRoot and just work with it... I couldn't really find a
solution, any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

RE: Building MyEclipse project with Maven2

Posted by Denis Cabasson <de...@insee.fr>.
A lot of WTP specific configuration files. For example : .wtpmodules and lots
of file in .settings folder, such as org.eclipse.wst.common.component or
other (depending on WTP version too).

What is this update sources you're talking about?

Denis.

Posted by Douglas Ferguson <do...@epsiia.com>.
Just curious what the plugin does to specifically deal with wtp?

Also, what does update sources do?

D-

> I'm having a problem building myEclipse project using m2.
> The main issue is that it's not in default maven file structure.

I don't know exactly what myEclipse is, but your porject looks a lot like a

Posted by Denis Cabasson <de...@insee.fr>.

Posted by Daniel Serodio <da...@xxx.com.br>.
Konstantin Bartchenkov wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I'm having a problem building myEclipse project using m2.
> The main issue is that it's not in default maven file structure.
> It looks like this
>
> myProject
> 	src
> 		com/company...	all java sources go here
> 	WebRoot
> 		*.jsp			all jsp files are here
> 		WEB-INF
> 			Xmls
> 			Classes	compiled classes should be placed here
> 	POM.xml
>
> The first task is to get maven to compile it and place classes to
> WebRoot/WEB-INF/classes
> It could be done by saying following
> <build>
>     <sourceDirectory>src</sourceDirectory>
>     <outputDirectory>WebRoot/WEB-INF/classes</outputDirectory>
> </build>
>
> But how can I manage to create war file when it doesn't really know
> where my jsps/xmls are? Basically after the compilation all it has to do
> is to grab WebRoot and just work with it... I couldn't really find a
> solution, any help would be appreciated.
Add the following to your <plugins> section:

    <plugin>
        <version>2.0</version>
        <configuration>
          <webResources>