Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Richards Peter <hb...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/01 08:34:57 UTC

Re: Assignment of threads to tcp ports

Is it the pluggable scheduler that is being discussed here?
http://storm.apache.org/releases/1.0.1/Storm-Scheduler.html

Richards Peter.

Posted by Walid Aljoby <wa...@yahoo.com>.
That is great!
Many thanks,--Best
WA

the UserDefinedScheduler support specifying nodes and ports for topology and its components.

Yep! That's correct.

If you implemented your own scheduler, you could write one that gave more control of ports to the cluster users, but it's not a simple task.
 -- Kyle

    On Thursday, September 1, 2016 3:35 AM, Richards Peter <hb...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Is it the pluggable scheduler that is being discussed here?
http://storm.apache.org/ releases/1.0.1/Storm- Scheduler.html

Richards Peter.

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 11:44 PM, Kyle Nusbaum <kn...@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:

There's no API to do that currently. It's entirely up to the scheduler and will likely stay that way. I think creating an API to control this sort of thing is a direction we don't want to go in with Storm. -- Kyle

    On Wednesday, August 31, 2016 8:10 AM, Walid Aljoby <wa...@yahoo.com> wrote:

 Hi Anshu,
Yeah, correct. (6700-6703).
-