Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Konstantin Shvachko <sh...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2008/08/05 20:42:57 UTC

Confusing NameNodeFailover page in Hadoop Wiki

I was wondering around Hadoop wiki and found this page dedicated to name-node failover.
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/NameNodeFailover

I think it is confusing, contradicts other documentation on the subject and contains incorrect facts. See
http://hadoop.apache.org/core/docs/current/hdfs_user_guide.html#Secondary+Namenode
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/FAQ#7

Besides it contains some kind of discussion.
It is not that I am against discussions, lets have them on this list.
But I was trying to understand were all the confusion about secondary-node issues comes from lately...

Imho we either need to correct it or remove.

Thanks,
--Konstantin

Re: Confusing NameNodeFailover page in Hadoop Wiki

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Doug Cutting wrote:
> Konstantin Shvachko wrote:
>> Imho we either need to correct it or remove.
>
> +1
>
> Doug

I added some pages there on namenode/jobtracker, etc, linking to the
faiover doc, which I didnt compare to the svn docs to see what was
correct. Perhaps the failover page could be set up to say "you can do
some things here" and point to the full docs at SVN or the hadoop site

Author: Ant in Action           http://antbook.org/

Re: Confusing NameNodeFailover page in Hadoop Wiki

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.