Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/27 21:44:04 UTC

Re: "getEmptyCas()" block reason guess

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 1:24 AM, feixiang <fe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Is that right?Could you tell me the relationship of casPool size and
> casMultiplier poolsize?

UIMA AS uses CAS pools to control the amount of work done concurrently.
For example, a UIMA AS service has an input casPool that limits how
many CASes can be accepted from the service input queue and be
in process by aggregate components at the same time.

A CasMultiplier is a special UIMA component that creates new CASes.
Each CasMultiplier has a casPool that limits the number of new CASes
that can be in process within the aggregate at the same time.

>  My system is described as:
>    The aggregate AE(assumed as A) contains 3 AEes.The second part assumed
>  as B is a multiplier which contains a flow controller.B produce a new
>  cas and drop the original cas.The casPool and casMultiplier poolsize
>  are:

Sorry, can't visualize the process/annotator layout from this description.

Eddie