Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Chris Howe <cj...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/09 17:11:15 UTC

xsd update break autocomplete?

Autocomplete in my xml editor was working last night.  Not working now.
Look at the SVN Browse and notice that the xsd files have been changed in
Rev 763615.  Related?  Anyone else experiencing likewise?

Chris Howe

Re: xsd update break autocomplete?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thanks for report Chris,

A good way to avoid such problems (but also avoid to know that there is actually a problem :/) is to use catalogs
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/FAQ+-+Tips+-+Tricks+-+Cookbook+-+HowTo#FAQ-Tips-Tricks-Cookbook-HowTo-UsinglocaleXSDfilesinsteadofOFBizremote(at

Jacques

From: "Chris Howe" <cj...@gmail.com>

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Understood and fixed in revision: 764195

Maybe we will see some other stuffes like this where a space at end of a line actually acts as a separator with another block... I
though about that when I did the change and I looked 1st at xml demo data files but finally found not issues. I will check more...

Thanks Chris

Jacques

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <ja...@les7arts.com>
> Finally I think it's really not related to whitespace changes.
> http://fisheye6.atlassian.com/browse/ofbiz/trunk/framework/service/dtd/services.xsd?r1=742352&r2=763175
> Maybe previous changes done in r742352 and/or r742238 ?
> http://fisheye6.atlassian.com/browse/ofbiz/trunk/framework/service/dtd/services.xsd?r1=649478&r2=742238
> http://fisheye6.atlassian.com/browse/ofbiz/trunk/framework/service/dtd/services.xsd?r1=742238&r2=742352
> (More likely r742238, but I can't see why it should affect Autocomplete)
>
> BTW, why do you use noNamespaceSchemaLocation  ?
>
> Jacques
>
> From: "Jacques Le Roux" <ja...@les7arts.com>
>> Whitespace changes are mine, I will take care of that...
>>
>> Jacques
>>
>> From: "Chris Howe" <cj...@gmail.com>
>>> Running eclipse on Ubuntu there are no error messages in the console or
>>> within the program.
>>> Simply setting the noNamespaceSchemaLocation to
>>> http://ofbiz.apache.org/dtds/services.xsd
>>> or

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <ja...@les7arts.com>

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "Chris Howe" <cj...@gmail.com>

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
I just did a fresh checkout and autocomplete in Eclipse is working fine
for me.

-Adrian

Posted by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@gmail.com>.