Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/07 14:07:13 UTC

Wrong version in branch-4.6

Hi,
on branch 4.6 we still have wrong version, it SHOULD be 4.6.1-SNAPSHOT but
actually is 4.6.0-SNAPSHOT, see (1)
I will fix it manually in order to move the 4.6.1 release forward

But we have to fix this in the major release flow,

Enrico

1) https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/blob/e52ffb04761443f45cd6fe2714d6960ca5cfdd2a/pom.xml#L26

Re: Wrong version in branch-4.6

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 9:12 AM, Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Il lun 8 gen 2018, 01:52 Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com> ha scritto:
>
> > On Sun, Jan 7, 2018 at 11:43 AM, Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> > have
> > > do
> > > >

> > > Yup
> > > It is
> > > Mvn release:update-versions
> > >
> > > But we have to update website config as well
> > >

> > Can you explain this more? Not sure what do you mean here.
> >

> While performing a minor release we have to use script (release.sh) which
> reads from the config of the website, see my last commit on branch 4.6
> I don't know how to handle this in a smart way, I am trying to change that
> script but the solution is not immediate

The release.sh script would only work for master branch, because it handles
all the documentation related updates, where documentation related updates
should only happen to master.

Minor release version bump only happens in branches. So these are two
different things, you can't really change release.sh to achieve that.
Add this command to release guide seems to be good enough at this moment.

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

--

-- Enrico Olivelli

Re: Wrong version in branch-4.6