Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Jayush Luniya <jl...@hortonworks.com> on 2016/05/08 18:23:47 UTC

Heads up: Creating Apache Ambari branch-2.4

Hi all,

In order to start stabilizing all the good work that has happened in trunk, I will be creating an Apache Ambari branch ("branch-2.4")  on Tuesday May 10th, so that we can kick start the release process.

Once the branch is created, all fixes targeted for 2.4 release, will need to be committed to both "trunk" and "branch-2.4" branches. All long term feature work/improvements that are not targeted for 2.4 release should go into "trunk" branch only.

Thanks
Jayush