Posted to dev@druid.apache.org by Jonathan Wei <jo...@apache.org> on 2019/09/03 23:13:14 UTC

September 2019 Podling Report (Draft)

Hi all,

I've prepared the following podling report draft, and I am planning to
submit it before the deadline tomorrow.

Please take a look and let me know if you have any feedback.

--------------------------

Druid is a high-performance, column-oriented, distributed data store.

Druid has been incubating since 2018-02-28.

 1. Resolve trademark issues

aware of?

 We will need to resolve the trademark issues before graduation, which the
board has been made aware of privately. We are grateful for the board's
support, and we will work with trademarks@ to resolve the issues.

 - A healthy, constant flow of bug fixes, quality improvements and new
features are still ongoing at https://github.com/apache/incubator-druid.
 - Two Druid community meetups have been scheduled on 9/17 and 9/19.

 - Since the last report, we have had a total of 293 commits from 30
contributors.
 - The project website has been migrated to Apache infrastructure.
 - We have released 2 versions, 0.15.0 and 0.15.1.
 - We have code frozen the upcoming 0.16.0 release branch and are preparing
the first release candidate.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?
Please feel free to add your own commentary.

 [ ] Initial setup
 [ ] Working towards first release
 [ ] Community building
 [X] Nearing graduation
 [ ] Other:

Date of last release:

 - Druid 0.15.1-incubating was released on Aug 15, 2019.

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

 The Druid PPMC elected 10 new committers to the project on November 20,
 2018.

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive or are things falling
through the cracks? In the latter case, please list any open issues
that need to be addressed.

 Julian has continued to be very helpful.

Re: September 2019 Podling Report (Draft)

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
Looks good. Thanks for the shout-out. :)

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Does process is ongoing or should we wait for an invite mail?

Kind Regards,
Furkan KAMACI

Posted by "Driesprong, Fokko" <fo...@driesprong.frl>.
No worries, no harm done!

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thanks for explaining the situation Fokko. New committer documentation
covers all points.

On the other hand, I think Druid is near to graduation too!

Kind Regards,
Furkan KAMACI

Posted by "Driesprong, Fokko" <fo...@driesprong.frl>.

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.