Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Martin Holz <ho...@fiz-chemie.de> on 2004/03/16 18:38:47 UTC

Where to place LICENSE file in a jar?

Hello,

if I put the LICENSE and NOTICE file into a jar archive,
where should it go? To META-INF or into the root directory?

Regards
   Martin

Re: Where to place LICENSE file in a jar?

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.
I recall reading somewhere that the desired location is such that they
would show up at the top of a listing. That suggests that they should be
in the root directory. On the other hand, META-INF seems more logical,
IMHO.

--
Martin Cooper