Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Roediger Stephan <St...@chen.siemens.de> on 2001/04/26 16:37:59 UTC

Chaining Handlers

Hi,

I've tried to get Apache::OutputChain working - no success.
My intention was to do sth. like <!--#include
virtual="/global/include/structure.inc" -->.
In the mentioned file are Embperl statements included.
After doing Apache::SSIChain, Embperl statements should be executed.
But the Embperl handler does only recognize Embperl statements in
structure.inc.
Embperl statements added through Apache::SSIChain doesn't get executed.
Further more all includes are displayed (via browser->source) before the
main html output.

My httpd.conf looks like this:

PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_LOG /export/home1/httpd/logs/embperl.log
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_DEBUG 0
PerlFreshRestart On
PerlRequire /export/home1/httpd/conf/startup.pl

AddType text/html .thtml

PerlModule Apache::PassFile;
PerlModule Apache::SSIChain;
PerlModule Apache::EmbperlChain;
PerlModule Apache::OutputChain;

<FilesMatch ".*\.thtml$">
    SetHandler     perl-script
    PerlHandler    Apache::OutputChain Apache::EmbperlChain Apache::SSIChain
Apache::PassFile
    Options        +ExecCGI
</FilesMatch>

Does anyone out there know what I'm doing wrong?

S. Roediger

Re: Chaining Handlers

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
Hi,

I am not quite sure what's the correct configuration for EmbperlChain (at
the first look yours seems to be ok), but here is one that should achieve
the desired result, but works with Apache::Filter:

http://perl.apache.org/guide/snippets.html#SSI_and_Embperl_Doing_Both

Gerald