Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/18 17:42:42 UTC

Re: OBR and the referral tag

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 5:13 PM, Arjun Panday
<ar...@alcatel-lucent.fr> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to use the OBR for our project, and i'd like to use the referral
> tag as specified in RFC-0112, so i can have bindex generate a different file
> for each set of bundles and then organize them in a tree structure.
>
> I've tried this with org.apache.felix.bundlerepository-1.0.3 but, unless i'm
> mistaking, the referral tag does not seem to be supported. Do you think i
> just did something wrong? If not, is there a plan to support this feature in
> the near future?

Could you try with the current trunk? I think support of the referral
tag has been added recently... In case I remember correctly, I could
cut a new OBR release as part of the upcoming Felix 1.2 release.

regards,

Karl

> Another issue I have with the OBR is that our use of it is slightly off the
> norm: I need to be able to request the OBR in an "absolute way", regardless
> of the bundles already installed in my JVM.
> For my tests, I've modified the Repository implementation so that the only
> packages seen as "local" are the ones exported by bundle #0 (the core JDK
> packages that are not part of my OBR).
> Could this be suggested as a "boolean activated option" for the OBR?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Arjun Panday
> Alcatel-Lucent France

Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: OBR and the referral tag

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
clement escoffier wrote:
> 2008/8/19 Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Karl Pauls schrieb:

>>> Could you try with the current trunk? I think support of the referral
>>> tag has been added recently... In case I remember correctly, I could
>>> cut a new OBR release as part of the upcoming Felix 1.2 release.
>>>

>> You are right, I added this in Rev. 671815 implementing FELIX-399.
>>
>> If you could cut a release of this bundle as part of the 1.2 release, that
>> would be great. Thanks.
>>

> +1
>
> Rick has recently solved a small issue in the OBR resolver (only requirement
> filter was checked, forgetting to check the requirement name (i.e. type)).
> So, it seems to be a good idea to cut a release of this bundle as part of
> the 1.2 release.

I agree we should do a new release, but we should also include a new
default repository URL that will point to our new repository of released
bundles...so this means that we have to finalize it! :-)

We have two issues on this topic: FELIX-481 and FELIX-652

-> richard

Re: OBR and the referral tag

Posted by clement escoffier <cl...@gmail.com>.

Re: OBR and the referral tag

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Karl Pauls schrieb:
> On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 5:13 PM, Arjun Panday
> <ar...@alcatel-lucent.fr> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm trying to use the OBR for our project, and i'd like to use the referral
>> tag as specified in RFC-0112, so i can have bindex generate a different file
>> for each set of bundles and then organize them in a tree structure.
>>
>> I've tried this with org.apache.felix.bundlerepository-1.0.3 but, unless i'm
>> mistaking, the referral tag does not seem to be supported. Do you think i
>> just did something wrong? If not, is there a plan to support this feature in
>> the near future?
>
> Could you try with the current trunk? I think support of the referral
> tag has been added recently... In case I remember correctly, I could
> cut a new OBR release as part of the upcoming Felix 1.2 release.

You are right, I added this in Rev. 671815 implementing FELIX-399.

If you could cut a release of this bundle as part of the 1.2 release,
that would be great. Thanks.

Regards
Felix

Re: OBR and the referral tag

Posted by Arjun Panday <ar...@alcatel-lucent.fr>.
> Could you try with the current trunk? I think support of the referral
> tag has been added recently... In case I remember correctly, I could
> cut a new OBR release as part of the upcoming Felix 1.2 release.

Thanks Karl, it works great with the trunk.

Best regards,
Arjun