Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by MrMax <ml...@bridges.com> on 2008/03/07 16:02:47 UTC

Spoofing a Current Flash Plugin in JMeter

Our current tests require that we trigger a flash application that posts a
default set of results to the server.  Our problem is that our application
checks the client browser to see that it has the proper version of the flash
plugin before proceeding to generate the results.

Q.  How do I get JMeter to spoof that it has the appropriate Flash plugin so
our application will respond correctly to the test?

Re: Spoofing a Current Flash Plugin in JMeter

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 07/03/2008, MrMax <ml...@bridges.com> wrote:

>  Actually, we cann't spoof supporting the Flash application, we actually have
>  to run it for the re-direction of our script to work properly.  Our script
>  passess a set of parameters to the Flash application, which allows the
>  application to autocomplete and return us to a specific page.

But as far as the server is concerned, all it sees are HTTP messages,
so if you imitate those you should be able to test the server.

>  My NEW question is:  How do you add in a Flash Plugin to JMeter, or is there
>  a Flash Plugin for JMeter?

No idea.

That would be out of scope for JMeter, but of course you can always
code your own addon if you want.

Posted by MrMax <ml...@bridges.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.