Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Kairam, Raj" <Ka...@coned.com> on 2000/07/03 20:55:26 UTC

Compiling Apache 1.3.12 on Hp_UX 11

For those of you who were able to compile Apache Server 1.3.12 on HP-UX
11...
In the documentation for Dynamic Shared Object (DSO) Support ( under heading
Implementation in the dso.html page ) it is mentioned that the mod_so.c is
the only module besides http_core.c which cannot be put into a DSO itself
(bootstrapping!).
This module needs to be statically compiled into the Apache core.

Currently, when I run 'httpd -l' I am getting the following output
Compiled-in modules:
      httpd_core.c
      mod_so.c
suexec: disabled; invalid wrapper /usr/local/apache/bin/suexec

In the ./src/Configuration file only the two following lines are modified
EXTRA_CFLAGS= -DSHARED_CORE_DIR=\"/usr/local/apache/libexec\"
Rule SHARED_CORE=yes

The 'configure' command was run as follows.
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache \
                --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE \
                --enable-module=most \
                --enable-shared=max

The output appears to be ok.
When the command 'make' is run, I am getting the following error
ld: invalid loader fixup in text space needed to output file for symbol
"0000001B" in inputfile "regex/libregex.a(regcomp.o)

My question:
What command line suEXEC options I should give for it to not give the
"invalid wrapper" above ?.
Am I doing the wrong things by specifying the two variables in the
Configuration file  and the --enable-rule  option for the 'configure'
command?.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.