Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Terry Richmond <ct...@cox.net> on 2017/12/14 17:10:23 UTC

Open Office Database Selection For New Labels

I have an Openoffice Database with a table of mailing addresses. I want
to create mailing labels.  When I go through File-New-Labels to bring up
the Labels dialog, the dialog defaults to settings for old labels that I
created in the past.  In particular, the database selected is an old
database.  When I click on the down arrow to change database I do not
see the database I want.  It appears that the labels dialog is pointed
to a different directory than the one containing my desired database.  I
am unable to find a way to change this pointing so I can select my
desired database.  Please tell me how to do this or what my problem is.

Thank you,

Terry Richmond

Re: Open Office Database Selection For New Labels

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.

On 15/12/17 4:10 AM, Terry Richmond wrote:
> I have an Openoffice Database with a table of mailing addresses. I
> want to create mailing labels.  When I go through File-New-Labels to
> bring up the Labels dialog, the dialog defaults to settings for old
> labels that I created in the past.  In particular, the database
> selected is an old database.  When I click on the down arrow to change
> database I do not see the database I want.  It appears that the labels
> dialog is pointed to a different directory than the one containing my
> desired database.  I am unable to find a way to change this pointing
> so I can select my desired database.  Please tell me how to do this or
> what my problem is.

In order to use a database for mail merge or label printing you need to
register the database.
See the help file and search for "Registering and Deleting a Database"