Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gr...@verizon.net> on 2007/03/27 16:35:46 UTC

Change in wsdl2java between Axis 1.1 and 1.1.1?

Hello,

In upgrading from Axis 1.1 to Axis 1.1.1, I think I noticed a change in
how wsdl2java works, but I'm unsure if it was something else I had done
to cause this to happen.

Running "wsdl2java", for both serverside="true" and "false" (using the
Ant script) on this WSDL[1] (for a simple math calculator), created the
following package structure:

src->com->mycompany->mywebservice:
MathQandAServiceCallbackHandler.java
MathQandAServiceMessageReceiverInOut.java
MathQandAServiceSkeleton.java
MathQandAServiceStub.java

src->com->mycompany->www->schema->mathqanda:
ExtensionMapper.java
OperatorType.java
SolveMathProblemRequest.java
SolveMathProblemResponse.java

The difference I noted between Axis 1.1 and 1.1.1 was that
MathQandAServiceStub.java links to the classes in www.schema.mathqanda
in Axis 1.1 but directly incorporates similar versions of them in Axis
1.1.1 instead.  MathQandAServiceStub.java jumped from 380 lines to about
1580 as a result.  Am I correct, was there a change between Axis 1.1 and
1.1.1 for the client stub class to no longer reference the classes in
the wsdl:types package?  (Why?) Or was there something else I had done
to cause this to occur?

Also, one more question, what term do people generally use to refer to
the classes in www.schema.mathqanda above: the "wsdl type classes"?  I
don't know what they are normally called.

Thanks,
Glen

[1] http://marc.info/?l=axis-user&m=117394780408840&w=2

Re: Change in wsdl2java between Axis 1.1 and 1.1.1?

Posted by Glen Mazza <gr...@verizon.net>.
Never mind, difference found:  I was using the default "adb" databinding
framework in 1.1.1, "xmlbeans" in 1.1.  Adding a
databindingName="xmlbeans" to the Ant task[1] fixed it for me.

Glen

[1] http://ws.apache.org/axis2/tools/1_1/CodegenToolReference.html

Posted by Glen Mazza <gr...@verizon.net>.