Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by James Liao <ji...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/14 11:11:49 UTC

Is Valve thread safe?

Hi all,
Could someone tell me if Valve implementation is thread safe. Because I want
to insert a valve which have some member variables.
I also saw some valve like LoginValidationValveImpl and
PasswordCredentialValveImpl have some member variables.

Thanks,
- James Liao

SVN Repo link on Website

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
I can't seem to find a link to our SVN anywhere.
I looked here:

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-1/
http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/

In fact, Jetspeed-1 has a link to the old View CVS.
Does anyone object to me adding a link to our SVN view to the Jetspeed-1
and Jetspeed-2 sites:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/portals/jetspeed-1/trunk/
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/portals/jetspeed-2/trunk/

The portals site should also have a link to the SVN repos for J1, J2,
Pluto, Bridges, WSRP4j....

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software

RE: Is Valve thread safe?

Posted by Scott T Weaver <sc...@binary-designs.net>.
No, valves are not thread safe.  The member variables you see in those two
valves are universal configuration values.  If you absolutely need to store
local variables in your valve I suggest using ThreadLocal to store them.

Hth,
-Scott