Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org> on 2006/10/30 22:22:11 UTC

Re: [Fwd: Visibility for Geronimo Documentation Work]

Can we make  the doc a separate download?  I think it would still be a
great thing for people to have locally.

Jeff

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
A PDF or zip of html would be way cool.

Re: [Fwd: Visibility for Geronimo Documentation Work]

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.
Having the documentation available for download from the website has been spinning on my head for quite some time but not having access to the file system where those files are server from has proven to be a major pain.

I like the HTML version better that the PDF because most of the articles are in fact tutorials with sample apps. Most of the time these apps are provided as zip files and you can not get them from a PDF copy, can you !?

Back to the issue, we currently don't have access to the autoexported files in first place. Second, the autoexport plugin has some issues with the URLs and all the Confluence native content still points to the source Confluence server. Not sure how to better explain this but basically the exported content can be viewed off line only partially.

In addition to that one there are a few other issues already known and reported for that plugin that we should address or help to get resolved -> http://could.it/bugs/browse/EXP

There are a bunch more sample applications in the cwiki that I would like to have them available form the web site -> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC11/sample-applications.html

This last comment makes me think that maybe we should review and look for a better integration between the web site and cwiki. Comments welcome!

I'll keep looking for a way to get the cwiki content retrieved and massaged in a way that can be viewed off line, but this method has to be quick and easy enough to catch up with the daily updates to the cwiki.

Cheers!
Hernan

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.
Yup, there are lots of images and sample apps.

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.