Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Georg Heiler <ge...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/01 10:15:48 UTC

multiple users per flink deployment

Hi,

flink currently only seems to support a single kerberos ticket for
deployment. Are there plans to support different users per each job?

regards,
Georg

Re: multiple users per flink deployment

Posted by Eron Wright <er...@gmail.com>.
One of the key challenges is isolation, eg. ensuring that one job cannot
access the credentials of another.  The easiest solution today is to use
the YARN deployment mode, with a separate app per job.  Meanwhile,
improvements being made under the FLIP-6 banner for 1.4+ are lying
groundwork for a multiuser experience.

Hope this helps!

Posted by Georg Heiler <ge...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the overview.